Master of Arts
Tobias (born 1987 in Bonn, Germany) is a versatile graphic designer and 2D artist living and working in Hamburg. He is fascinated by interactivity – in his early teens he started developing games and websites, enjoying the opportunity to work independently from the first draft to the finished product.
In his spare time he is a passionate music nerd who plays various instruments in various bands, loves skateboarding and is interested in political and social topics.
- Brought an open-world RPG to live
- Lead a team of artists & designers
- Won Samsung Themes Award
- 140-page scientific treatise: 'The Role of Threat in Games'
- Given myself a headnut in mo-cap
Graphic Design / Illustration
Besides my game project, I offer my services as a graphic designer, illustrator and motion designer.
Warp Turtle Games
Co-Founder, Artist / Designer
Development and publishing of Gaia Beyond, a 2D Space RPG in a realtime open world (platform: PC/Steam). My main workfields on the project are:
- Game art
- UI/UX design
- Game design
- Marketing / PR
- QA, Testing
- Audio management
Lead UI Designer
Production management of mobile and smartwatch themes by a team of 6 employees, support of international license partners, quality assurance, theme and watchface creation, database management.
- Building up the themes department
- Acquisition of new licenses (Angry Birds, World Wrestling Entertainment, Diddl)
- Infrastructure establishment and optimization
Responsive app, interface and web design, corporate design, instruction of international freelancers, 360° video editing & VR animation (Cinema 4D / V-Ray), conception and design of mobile and smartwatch themes, creation of marketing material, product presentations.
- Realization of in-house corporate design
- Own creations in top 3 of Samsung theme charts
- Internal workflow optimization
anyMOTION Graphics GmbH
Internship (Düsseldorf) – 6 months
- Graphic design, game art 2D / 3D, illustration, animation, game design
Internship (Cologne) – 1 year
- Graphic design, illustration, animation, Flash
Internship (Bonn) – 1 year
- Graphic design digital / print
B.A. Communication Design
Abitur (english bilingual)Geography, history and politics were taught in english.
Cinema 4D / Blender